Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Group Reviewsss

 


So today in class we had group review/critiques, and they were actually really helpful! You have probably seen with a lot of my posts, we have an idea, but like we are still a bit lost in certain aspects. Like what do we name the film? What specifically does the protagonist do? What is the character like? Where are we supposed to be at with the whole project?

Plot Details

I was fourth in this group to present my film promo idea and got a lot of feedback. They all saw how dark the idea was, but they understood the necessity of what we are trying to accomplish with this piece. Nati, one of the people in this group, suggested that the main character should do boxing as a sport, as a way of getting frustration out. I honestly thought this was a good idea at first, but I currently don't have the budget for that. Like just look at these prices...


     Maybe I can buy those 20-dollar ones and have them hit a wall, or go to an arcade and film that little punch bag game? However, I do believe it will look tacky. Plus, even though it would have made for cool shots and a cool subplot of sorts, I continued thinking on it and decided otherwise. The whole point of the main character is that she can't get her frustration and thoughts out. So maybe boxing isn't the best. Either way, Nati's suggestion made me really think of the importance of the character's portrayal. 
  

Title

Also, thanks to the help of the group and talking to Tai, we finally decided on a name!

A Letter To My Mom  

   The mother will be the family member in the car crash, and in the end the letter will be dedicated to her and the justification. It's a subtle hint at the ending. At first as up we decided something to do with the character's name, (not that we had one picked out officially but we like Liz so far) like how Male's film is going to be called "The Ballad of Bobby the Blob" put it just didn't sound right. It was too goofy in a way for our film. 

Social Media

 And lastly, I realized that we need to get started on the social media. The other person in our group also working on the film promo, Riley, already started on her social media so we need to get started ASAP. But now that we know our title and we have a solidified story and essence, we can actually start so yay. 
    

Overall, I loved this activity. It really got my brain gears turning while helping others and others helping me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...