Saturday, March 9, 2024

Characterization

I love that word hehehe

 So, our main character is called Liz and she's very complex. Before the said accident, she was a very outgoing in a way "normal" girl. She had a friend group, she hung out with her family, and whatnot. After the accident, her mind took a different turn. However, on the outside though at times you could tell she was a bit down in the dumps, she seemed the same. Alone however, she most definitely was not. I'm a visual person and in order to actually imagine the trailer and what I could storyboard, I needed to put it in pictures. So here are the mood boards for the character I created:



I mean just look at the difference! Now we're talking! Now I'm thinking of some cinematic shots we could do of her crying (With a GVM RGB light kit and with different make up I have lying out in my house) and maybe I could have her do yoga or something like that (Isn't the yoga so her?) But yeah, these mood boards really helped me visualize who I wanted the character to be. Plus, it'll help me scramble less when it comes to production.
It also helps with communication. Instead of having to be at a loss of words when I tell Tai about the character, which has been happening a lot recently, BOOM. I can just show her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...