Sunday, March 10, 2024

Social Media Time :)

 So we decided to open an Instagram account!

Reasoning

Due to our target audience being in their late teens, the easy accessibility of it, the different formats we could incorporate (pictures, videos, and stories), and the effectivity it had to similar projects like on my social media research post, it is safe it say it is our best option. I know most of these films also had Facebook, but I'm a late teen and I've never even had a Facebook account and that says a lot in this generation. Instagram is the perfect mix of the older gen Z and the newer gen Z, and I love it. Plus, the newest of these films was 8th Grade which came out in 2018 which was 6 years ago. Times change. Social Medias change. We were also thinking of creating a Tik Tok account, due to the popularity of the app, but that only works with video components, so it would be rather tricky. Maybe once we get our trailer done?  

 Link


Posts

       So far, I've created the profile picture and the first post. I used the font of a typewriter not just for the aesthetic, but because whenever I think letter I see typewriter. Plus, it mimics the font of The Perks of Being a Wallflower poster title. I used the color blue to give it a more teenager feel instead of black and white almost "antique" feel to it. I wanted it to resonate with our target audience.


       For the profile picture I decided to incorporate two candles. To me candles represent instability. They can either go out, flicker, create a small fire, create a city-wide fire; you never know until it happens. I feel like Liz's life is like that, and that event was the car crash. The reason I chose two flames was because, even though the story is about Liz, her actions were because of her mother. To her they were inseparable. They kept each other's flames lit in a way. I don't know, I found it a little cutesy reference.



Following

I saw with most other social media accounts regarding similar films that they follow similar films, studios, and their actors/directors. As we have not finalized our actor list we haven't followed anyone of that nature yet. However, we followed Netflix, A24, HBOMax as well as Tai and I's Instagram accounts. It makes our page that much more professional. If we were just following our friends, it would look like a random, maybe even hacked account. Plus, with this following list, we can show people we are promoting a film. It would attract the attention from just the right people (other filmmakers and studios).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...