Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Brainstorming

Tai (my partner) and I are pretty much out of ideas.

However, I was researching genres and I want to do either teenage angst/coming of age or like a thriller. (I'm a Libra X2)

They might seem like completely different ideas but they both pull at people's emotions when a conflict arises. The main conflict to be exact. The trick is to make it relatable to the audience. 

For coming of age/teenage angst I think it's best to go the comedic route. I'm good at dramatic pieces but I can kind of make it into like a parody where their dramatics are almost laughable. One example I found that mostly resembles what I envisioned is the trailer for Good Boys (2019) minus the cursing obvi :) :


I was thinking of making it so a group of high school kids are trying to pull off a heist more or less, and they get into some sticky situations. If tai wants, we could also deal some harsher topics in there and make it more of a coming of age with negative effects(if that made sense) Like The Perks of Being a Wallflower. 

For Thriller I was thinking more action thriller. Like sci-fi almost. It would be challenging to do, yes, but I think with the time allotted to us it could work out. It could be a cool experience. Make it kind of like a Marvel Superhero Trailer, obviously with a way lesser budget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...