Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Last Group meeting :(

 And the time has come for our last meeting of the year. Yikes that's scary. 

A lot of great feedback was given, and I thought I'd share the last thoughts of my peers that will influence our project. So basically, as you guys know we switched the plot of the story around to include Liz's best friend more and honestly visually get rid of the mom character all together. We were going to assume she was a big influence in her life, because it's her mom. But the group didn't really like this idea. They think that since the title is "A Letter to My Mom" to include the mom character a bit more just to establish the depth of their relationship. Basically, to show just how much more meaningful the note is. I was thinking of having me play the mother, but honestly, it's just easier to have Lynda's mom play the role, especially now that she doesn't have to pretend to get in a crash, which I know she'd be unwilling to do. Maybe a shot of them hugging or talking here and there. 

I also had questions on where we should be on the social media aspect. Let's just say, I am more behind than I thought, but stories count as posts apparently, so get ready to see a lot of that. I'm going to have to post multiple things a day, and since we don't have professional interviews, and little time left till the deadline, we're going to have to treat it more as a short film social media rather than a full-length movie. I know this isn't usually done, but it gives the little homey feeling that limited releases usually have. It shows it's not a blockbuster and it's indie in a sense. 

Lastly as you know (Well I knew but I don't think I ever mentioned it on here) that Tai and I split our work up to make it as efficient as possible. We each work on one trailer, I'm in charge of the social media and Tai creates the posters. We each still help each other out with our stuff, and we talk out our plans, but if we don't have assigned roles, we'd most likely not get anything done assuming the other person had already taken care of it. 

But yeah, the countdown has started. T -8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...