Wednesday, April 3, 2024

So How Do We Watch?

 Some last-minute changes in the works people!

So, I know I said this film was going to be released as a limited release in theatres. Tai and I were going back and forth whether we wanted to change it to a streaming release on Netflix. After much discussion, we decided to keep it a limited release (that way our hypothetical movie could be nominated for a small Oscar category if good enough) and after a 3-week run, move it to Netflix so people can enjoy and rewatch if they want to. I think with this not being like a huge blockbuster movie the change is significant. If I were an actual director, it would give me the satisfaction of theatrical release but also keeping revenue coming. 

I know that if I've never heard of a movie, I probably won't watch it in theaters because you don't know what you are getting into for such an expensive price. (Like tell me why watching a movie at AMC is $14 dollars a ticket?!?) Putting it on Netflix after allows for people bored on a random Tuesday night to scroll and find it. With it being a movie that is accessible at home, the people themselves could promote it if they like it. For example, people promote a bunch of different mediums on Tik Tok. With Netflix they can easily rewatch to know what they wanna say, they can promote it as "free" if you have Netflix, etc. Speaking of which, having the movie on streaming gives for the illusion that it was free. If you don't like it at the end of the day, if you spent money on it you're going to fell more contempt that you wasted money on it. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that it would be beneficial on both ends, viewers and crew. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...