Friday, March 3, 2023

Target Audience and Representation

 Oops...

Today in my Media Studies class we did a lesson on Creative Critical Reflections, and it made me realize how important it is to include my target audience and representation on my blog. I did plan for it and incorporated into my plot for the first two minutes, but I never mentioned it on here: A big mistake. I am here to atone for my sins... just kidding but I do need to tell you guys what I plan on doing regarding these topics. 

From what I've researched most mystery movies are rated PG-13 due to their nail-biting suspense and talk of sensible subjects such as death. Some examples include Knives Out, Glass Onion, Enola Holmes, and so forth. This basically means I can't make my target audience five-year-olds. However, it is a story involving a teenager and I want the audience to feel as close to the character as they can in terms of representation. So, it would be best if my target audience is teenagers, maybe even young adults, but in their late teens, more mature for the topics discussed. Age group 15-25. It would apply to people in this age group in the middle class and mainly female, with the whole ballet concept. 


For representation, as I previously mentioned I wanted a blonde female character to show they are more capable with their stereotypical selves. I also want to deal with the mental disease of obsession. Like not normal obsession, but hyper focused obsession, maybe even OCD. Genova is always too focused on solving the crime and ballet, that she doesn't have time to do anything else, and neither does she care. She loses friends in the process, both physically with the disappearances and just losing friendships. The intro won't show the losing friends part that much, but it will show the obsessiveness side to her. Lastly, the charcater would also represent teenagers and why they do the things they do.


Sources:

The Target Audience for Thriller Films: Who Enjoys Thrillers? | AMPLIFY XL

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...