Sunday, March 17, 2024

I WON

 So as you guys know I went to the STN National, well now international cause there was a school from Wales there, Convention. My two competitions were News Magazine where we placed 3rd in the nation and guess what….

I competed in the Movie trailer category and I won 4th place in the nation. THAT’S CRAZY! For the competition we had 6 hours to write, film, and edit a movie trailer to the prompt “Fine Line.”

I learned so much about making a movie trailer, by making it this this weekend and that was crazy. Let me explain. So, I’m not usually a big film gal, I usually do more news stuff and before this competition we only practiced once. My team and I asked for critiques with our practice trailer and our main issue was not including the studio credits or saying when it was coming out. We also did too much of a story per say and it lowkey told the story before watching the movie. It gave too much away. We took these critiques to mind and during our competition day we made sure to correct them. And let me just say it came out amazing. Instead of making it a cohesive story, we made the first few shots be from a scene in the climax of the movie, then we cut it to a scene towards the beginning, and then we made a 30 second montage of the best scenes. The montage included running, hugging (for that emotion you know), and VO. I will definitely use these tips with tai in making this segment especially since again, WE WON 4TH PLACE IN THE COUNTRY! (I would share it but I don't know because of copyright so far)

Another thing I learned was working as a team. Like yeah, I work well with other people, but sometimes I let other people walk over me because I think they know better. That happened at the practice. However, for this competition I took initiative and it felt...good. I think I'm liking having my ideas heard. 

Anyways

I’m also almost done with the shot list/storyboard so stay tuned 👀


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...