Wednesday, March 20, 2024

IDEAS

 Ok so...final planning time.

Since we have to create two trailers for our film, Tai and I decided we were each going to come up with the concept of one of them that way we have different approaches to our promotion. 

Structure

So here's my concept/structure:

Boom

-Start off with an establishing shot

-Go into the car crash scene

-Title sequence

-"I was a normal girl" (school montage)

-Text

-Final Montage

-Ending credits

Each "scene" (both montages and the car crash) lasting 30 seconds. 

I think that starting off with the car crash will hook people's attention the most and it will engage viewers to watch to the end. It would end with the montage cause c'mon, what trailer doesn't end with a really cool/fast-paced montage? The text parts will quicken the pace and make it seem almost, more high stakes in a way. It will also give more context to what's going on along with the VO that will be included. 

Shot List

I know I said I was going to make a story board, but I forgot how bad I was at drawing. I also am better at thinking for montage shots on the spot, so here's my shot list mostly complete, it's just the montage shots that are iffy. During shootings I like making them up (for movie trailers, in an actual short film I'd have it planned down to the bone) because I like to see what the actors are good at portraying (just for montages): 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...