Sunday, February 19, 2023

Plot Brainstorming

 Hey!

So, I have multiple ideas I want to try. First, I want to come up with an overall plot for an entire film and then decide what film opening would be the best choice for it.

Things I want to my film to include:

  • Make it a drama that isn't only about the main character but an issue on something bigger. 
  • Make it about a girl with a dream/passion
  • Discussion of topics involving real world issues (or at least focus on one).
  • Make it a montage (I feel like they are more engaging with the fast pacing.


I am currently reading a fiction book, on a friend's recommendation, called Stalking Jack the Ripper, and is a murder mystery book, and I am quite enjoying it. I was thinking that maybe I can do a murder mystery type of intro (well maybe not murder mystery, but it could be a mystery drama). I don't want the mystery to be the sole focus of the "film" so maybe I can incorporate dance into it somehow. Maybe the main character is a dancer, and she has to solve the mysterious disappearances of people that are related to the sport or something like that. 

Stalking Jack the Ripper Book Cover

I also just finished watching a new show on Netflix called Lockwood & Co. and it is basically about ghost hunters. I feel like the intro for the episodes really could work as an example for what I want to do. It shows clippings and "old" photos suggesting disappearances and the supernatural. It also does a good job of suggesting the main characters themselves have to figure out the mystery. Watching this intro also reminded me of the Black Widow intro. Even though Black Widow isn't a mystery, it uses quick pacing and glitches to suggest something is wrong and shows enough context to show that people go missing, even though the main characters know why. Maybe I can learn how to create those glitches when I do my intro. Both intros can be my sample intros when I create my storyboard for mine. I would like to make a montage, just like the previous openings stated, because I honestly feel like it gives the audience a sense of what is going on, but especially in this mystery drama genre, enough to not to spoil the plot. 

         
                        Lockwood & Co. Opening Credits                       Black Widow Intro




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...