Thursday, February 15, 2024

I'm a Libra.

Indecisiveness is in my nature.

I was between the movie trailer component and the short film one, so naturally I tried to see the pros and cons of each one and this is what I found:

Movie Trailer:

Cons:

  • Really Long Planning Period.
  • You have to create an entire storyline that you can't even show as to not show the plot of the movie. 
  • You need to make TWO trailers.
  • I can't submit it for anything later. (Like awards and festivals).
Pros:
  • I love to make trailers. That's it. (Ever since I was little with the little iMovie trailers and then making trailers for certain TV and Media Studies projects). Like the one I did 2 weeks ago. 
  • Watching trailers get me excited.
  • I know the general structure of making one. 

Short Film:

Cons:
  • I've never done a short film before.
  • I'm not the strongest writer. Don't get me wrong I'm decent, but not the best.
Pros:
  • I finally get to do a short film!
  • The major I chose in colleges was Film and I've never worked on a film, so this would give me experience before I actually study it.
  • I could submit it for film festivals and all that jazz. 
  • Get out of my comfort zone. 
In the end I made up my mind for movie trailer. The heart wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...