Tuesday, December 12, 2023

PRODUCTION

 Production Time!

First and foremost, Mariana and I had very conflicting schedules so we each had to do our interviews by ourselves on separate days. I did the girl from another country and her sister, and Mariana was going to do the other two subjects and their relatives. I had to go to my subject's home on two separate days because her sister had university classes to attend so my days looked like this:

    Day 1

  • Go to their house after school.
  • Set up interview shot
  • Get some b-roll in her room
  • Get b-roll her doing everyday things
  • Go to a different location (Starbucks) and get more b-roll there
     Day 2
  • Go to her house after school
  • Get the interview with her sister
  • Get b-roll of them together

Quick break where I met the subject's dog:


The equipment I used was a T7i, a tripod, a ring light, audio box, lav, and the b-roll was filmed with her phone for two reasons: the camera battery died, and I realized her phone had cinematic mode and I fell in love with it. 

                               
(Here's a shot from her phone)

Post-production:

Not only did we both have extracurriculars, halfway through the time allotted to do this documentary, my family and I left for Spain and a couple days later Mariana had to leave for Colombia. I guess you could say this project went international! I edited on the plane, in the place we were staying, on the train between cities. Everywhere you could think of, I edited. We would text each other to see if each other's parts were done, and to see any changes we were thinking of making. Originally, we were going to have VO but changed it last second because A) we didn't have enough time and b) We felt it didn't make much sense anyway, when our subjects gave good answers. We also decided to only have the two main subjects because the interview with the third one did not go too great. He did not Mariana ended up editing both our parts together and we submitted on time :). 


(Here's our drive!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...