Sunday, February 12, 2023

The Start

      Today I start my portfolio project journey. I've heard rumors of what the project was, and had many ideas come to mind on what it could be. Well, this week I found out what it was: A 2-minute movie intro! How cool is that? I have been brainstorming what I could do and researching openings from various movies. But first comes first, I need to pick a genre. There are so many options to choose from:  Action, fantasy, horror, musical, adventure, comedy, drama, crime & gangster, war, western, science fiction, and historical. 

     I mostly watch fantasy and dystopian movies, I like the escapism it allows you to achieve, but I know that might be a little difficult to accomplish with the resources at my disposal. I was thinking maybe to do a musical or a horror piece. I am currently a dancer that dances for a local studio and does Royal Acadamy of Dance examinations every year. I am also enrolled in the musical theatre program at my school. I know a lot about those aspects, and they could be perfect for the musical genre. The point of creating something authentic is to truly understand the content, right? For horror, I was thinking I could use my knowledge of these things and twist the story a little bit, like in Black Swan

     I have my ideas, but another question pops up; How will I be able to put my idea of choice into a two-minute video? That requires more planning that will come in the following weeks and research that will be done next week. I am just really excited to start this project and let my creativity have a go at doing something I enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

Instagram Link:  https://www.instagram.com/alettertomymomfilm/?next=%2F @alettertomymomfilm  Movie Trailers: https://drive.google.com/file/d...